More precisely, the full name of this section is the Section of Voluntary Service and Religious and Cultural Events in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Gliwice. Its mission is to coordinate the work of all WYD volunteers in the Diocese.
The main tasks include:
- Preparation /training workshops for volunteers, which aim is to prepare volunteers to participate in the organization of the Days in the Diocese and also in the coordination of WYD during the stay of the youth from all over the world;
- Providing WYD participants with accommodation in host families/ schools;
- The coordination of cultural events that will take place during the Days in the Diocese of Gliwice;
- The coordination of the Project ‘A Ticket for a Brother’, which aim is to financially support young people from eastern countries, so that they will be able to join WYD 2016. More information is available at: http://www.biletdlabrata.pl/; (Parish Centers of WYD may contact members of this section with reference to parish volunteers willing to help in the preparation and implementation of the program during the Days in the Diocese of Gliwice or if they have any inquiries regarding the accommodation of WYD participants);
- Recruiting short – term volunteers who will help in the main events, e.g. group tour guides, people directing traffic or responsible for keeping order.